KMSYS Worldwide has developed, and is committed to the further development of, revolutionary connectivity software making mainframe systems accessible from anywhere in the world through the Internet. The only requirement is a Web browser and access to the Internet. Simply by accessing a Web page, designed with controls provided by KMSYS Worldwide, users can access any Unisys ClearPath Libra system with as little as a click.
The HGS Web Client, when coupled with the Host Gateway Server from KMSYS Worldwide, provides basic emulation to any host that allows access through the Web. Simply put, HGS Web Client is installed on a Web server and the Web Master designs the Web page(s) to accept user access through a series of controls that assures security and flexibility. Controls range from Open Ids and Server IP Addresses to Color Settings and Keyboard Key definitions.
Users benefit from the fact that there is no software to install locally and thereby software and configuration updates are transparent.
What's New in Version 4.2
- Fully supports:
- IPv6 DNS Resolution
- FIPS 140-compliant cryptographic security modules (requires HGS)
- FDCC standards
- Unisys single point sign on
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Quick and easy Web implementation
Standard Terminal Emulation Features
- Emulates entire T27 family of terminals
- Fully emulates color features
Extended Terminal Emulation Features
- Up to 24 simultaneous terminal environments (screens)
- Input recall where previously transmitted text can be recalled and pasted in the screen or retransmitted directly
- Screen text copy, cut and paste operations
- Special diagnostic to aid in problem resolution
- Print Only the Text on the Screen
- Print an Exact Image of the Screen Including Delimiters
- Change the Printer Font
- Configuring host connections is provided by a simple visual configuration interface
- User configurable color highlighting based on screen attributes such as protected, unprotected, intensity, etc.
- User configurable screen color palette
- Screen font selection which includes both fixed and proportional fonts (proportional fonts are automatically scaled to align vertically on the screen)
- Automatic font and screen scaling based on three options:
- No scaling
- Adjust the screen size to fit the font size
- Adjust the font size to fit the screen size.
- Easy-to-use visual keyboard configuration
- Keys can be mapped to either terminal functions, like “Transmit”, or to execute predefined scripts
- Key macros may be created containing any UTS key function, standard windows cut/copy/paste, text strings, text strings with user prompts, timed waits and conditional waits for string
- Key macros may be executed from the screen’s macro menu or by a keyboard key sequence
- A built-in key macro recorder provides the means to record a sequence of frequently used user tasks
- All or part of the configuration can be locked so that end-users cannot change certain settings
- Restricted, limited and power user groups/levels
- Any ClearPath, Dorado or Libra system is accessible by QPlex. HGS Web requires any currently supported build of Windows NT or 2000.