I-QU PLUS-1, the flagship product from KMSYS Worldwide, was designed to minimize production downtime when reorganizing DMS 1100 databases. The methodology involves isolating individual database areas for reorganization without the necessity of linking to associated areas, thus providing savings of up to 80% over conventional methods.
In addition to its reorganizational prowess, I-QU PLUS-1 is an outstanding application development language and an excellent tool for prototyping traditional programming efforts. Created to meet the requirements of database professionals, I-QU PLUS-1’s easily adapted language provides the developer the means to quickly write programs and evaluate data accuracy. Needing no compilation or collection, I-QU PLUS-1 offers two modes of operations: as a load-and-go programming language or as a conversational command-by-command checkout tool for all 2200 data types.
The Data Item Index File Program, QINDEX, creates a file that contains data definitions of DMS 1100 database records, SFS/PCIOS data files, BIS RIDS and even RDMS 1100 relational tables.
The Query Schema Utility, QRYSCH, can be used to easily display DMS 2200 area, record and set information useful when developing database reorganization routines.
The Schema Modification Utility, SCHUTL, is used to alter a copy of the schema/subschema absolutes in order to produce faster reloads, thus negating the need for separate schema compiles when doing reorganizations.
The Pointer Correction Utilities, PBLD and PFIX, are used to replace set pointers, making an old-to-new record location correction.
Database Maintenance Advantages (detailed information)
- Shorter Database Unload/Reload Times
- In-place Global Pointer Changes when Expanding Number of Allowed Areas/Pages
- Pointer Manipulation Capability
- Ignore Set Linkages during Reload
- Save and Restore Pointers
- Cross-reference Old Record Locations to New when Correcting Pointers
- Significantly Reduce Production Downtime
- Always Load Database Areas in Page Number Sequence … even CALC
- Easily Add New Set Relationships
- Add New Set Pointers (Owner/Prior)
- Isolate Reorganizations by Area for Speed
- Built-in CALC Simulator
- Minimize Impact of Cross-area Designs
- Easily Patch Broken Links
- Quick Reorganizations Regardless of Hierarchical Levels
Application Development Features (detailed information)
- Select from Multiple Date Formats, Including Those Used in Date Arithmetic
- Use Wildcard Characters on IF Statement Comparisons
- Control Case Sensitivity on IF Statement Comparisons
- Command to Shift Characters to All Upper or Lower Case
- Ability to Trim Insignificant Leading and Trailing Spaces from Data
- Automatic Detection of Overflow of Numeric Edit Masks
- Has Built-In CSF Command for Dynamically Assigning and Freeing Files, etc.
- Contains Useful Date Conversion Commands
- Commands May Be Abbreviated for Quick Development
- Provides In-line and Procedural DOs for Highly Structured Code
- Easily Coded Data and Variable Definitions
Modes of Operation
- Input for Writing I-QU PLUS-1 Programs
- Conversational for Browsing Files and Database Structures
- Save Programs in Object Form to Secure Source Code
- Full Diagnostics for Easy Debugging
Supported File Types
- SFS 2200 and PCIOS
- DMS 2200
- Direct I/O
- RDMS 2200
- BIS DTM
Any currently supported System Base Release (SBR) or supported level of the following Unisys OS/2200 software products are necessary for the installation and operation of I-QU PLUS-1: ASCII COBOL, COMUS, ED, ELT, EXEC, MAP, MSAM, PCIOS, PLUS, SORT, SSG, SYSLIB, and UCSRTS.
I-QU PLUS-1 Demos
- Generate an I-QU PLUS-1 Reorg
- The I-QU Suite: Quicker Database Reorganizations with Shorter Development Cycles
This is a PowerPoint Presentation. Please save the file to your hard drive before running. Use the space bar or left mouse button to advance the presentation at your own pace. Press ESC to exit at any time.