I-QU ReorgComposer may also be used to generate date aging code for RDMS 2200 tables and PCIOS files. The ReorgComposer has more than 30 years database experience built into its routines, making it a most indispensable tool for the Database Administrator.
I-QU ReorgComposer utilizes a cooperative processing environment where PC software interacts with mainframe software. The I-QU ReorgComposer Windows® application (the client) connects to the 2200 host and executes a program that retrieves information from a schema file necessary to begin a dialog with the Database Administrator. Easy to use, the ReorgComposer presents a series of dialogs that allows the administrator to choose recovery and verification options, reload strategy, file specifications, type of sorting, etc. The result is a complete runstream including I-QU PLUS-1 unload and reload programs with all the required utilities and ECL to accomplish the most complex of reorganizations, hands free.
I-QU ReorgComposer also contains features that analyze the impact of schema changes on program source libraries and automatically generate accurate shifting code when adding, removing, expanding or compacting data fields.
- Downloads Schema Related Information from the Host Component
- Search Engine for Changing Data Field Specifications
- Allows Data Field Specification Changes
- Fields May Be Expanded, Compressed Inserted or Removed
- Specify Date Aging
- Retains Field Change Specifications between Sessions
- Automatically Generates Shifting Logic when Inserting/Removing Data Fields
- Calculates Correct Starting Locations and Lengths when Shifting Data
- Maintains Dialog with Database Administrator Regarding Reorgs
- Reorg Wizard Generates All Required I-QU PLUS-1Code and ECL
- Unload/ Reload Strategies Developed to Minimize Downtime
- Optionally Includes IRU/DMU Code for Backups and Verification
- Allows Site-Specific Alteration of Generated Code before Reorg
- Uploads Generated Code and Runstream
- Searches Source Libraries for Code Affected by Database
- Extracts Schema Information from Host File
- Transfers Extracted Information to Client
- Upload for Generated Code
- Generated Code Editor
- Any currently supported System Base Release (SBR) or supported levels of the following Unisys OS/2200 software products are necessary for the installation and operation of I-QU ReorgComposer: I-QU PLUS-1, COMUS and EXEC. The I-QU ReorgComposer client component requires any currently supported release of the Windows® operating system.
I-QU ReorgComposer Demos
- Generate an I-QU PLUS-1 Reorg
- The I-QU Suite: Quicker Database Reorganizations with Shorter Development Cycles
This is a PowerPoint Presentation. Please save the file to your hard drive before running. Use the space bar or left mouse button to advance the presentation at your own pace. Press ESC to exit at any time.